Sunday 24 June 2007

Hey, what gives? A graffiti free skate park

I live in a small estate. It is encircled by a rendered wall. The local kids on their way to a nearby skate park kindly leave their calling cards on this wall. Every fortnight my good neighbour and I clean off the many tags and re-paint over the sprayed slogans only for them to return later.


Now the skate park is only 6 months old. It's a good skate park. The kids love it, (it helps to relieve their boredom). I went to check it out and was totally shocked. It was completely free of any graffiti. I'm not kidding. Not one single tag, no spray painted slogans, nothing! Not even the requisite wall offered for the graffiti 'artiste' to exhibit the merits of their street art.



Nope, no graffiti here!



Not even the toilet block has been hit! Hey, what gives? So it's ok to trash the local neighbourhood, tag every flat surface in sight with paint and felt marker but hell no, let's not deface our property. We like it new and clean. Huh?... Could it be they don't like their ugly mess either? Hey punks, get this... neither do we!
Psst... I reckon the neighbour and I might 'bomb' this place later tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.