Thursday 6 September 2007

Still relevant today

I just love this structure. Built in 1988, its contemporary design is still relevant today. It is timeless. This design captures the imagination. It really does articulate the message I'm trying express in this blog .

It is The Bicentennial Conservatory in The Adelaide Botanic Gardens.



Powerful yet graceful, it has appeal and interest from any angle. Sweeping curves, organic, sensual but also futuristic and bold.

I consider this design to be 'pure'.



Contemplate this structure situated at the end of Anzac Highway, the Holdfast Shores site (posting June 07). Hmmm... I might render this concept in Photoshop. Later.

2 comments:

michael said...

i'm not this structure would look in place at Glenelg, however i think it would be a great idea to have a tropical conservatory such as this on the foreshore of a beach such as Glenelg.

Anonymous said...

I love this one too. Reminds me of the amazing architecture we saw in Valencia, Spain - The City of Arts and Sciences, developed by Santiago Calatrava which is very cool.

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.